Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God is always with you


Footprints in the Sand
One night i dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
Many Scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In teach scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
Other times there was only one.
This bothered me because i noticed that during the low periods of my life,
When i was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only
one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord,
that if i followed you, you would walk with me always.
But i have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when i needed you most, have you not been there for me?"
The Lord replied, "The years when you have seen only
one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you."

~Author Mary Stevenson

No comments: