Sunday, October 10, 2010

Breakfast of Champs

My Pictures works again :) happy happy joy joy......

THE other day one of my teens (I'm the Youth Pastor at my church if you did not know) asked if all of the Sr. High girls could meet up for breakfast. Now most of you don't know me that well but morning are not my thing. So I told her I had to look over my schedule at work and see what day I closed and we could do breakfast.


SO I let the girls know what day, time and place. I got my butt out of bed at 5:30am so I could meet them.


WE went to Kens Coney in Ortonville, MI. Just a cute little coney. The girls were so excited that we were meeting for breakfast

WHEN we got there the corner booth was full of Teachers from their High School. The first thing they said was oh crap look at all of the teachers lol. So we found the table that was the farthest away from the teachers.

WE sat down and started to look at the menu's. Of course I wanted to take pictures so I could blog about this so the girls thought it would be funny to put their menu's on top of their heads. Teen age girls need I say more.





WE talked about everything. Boys, school, sports, jobs, parents, youth group, and NYC. We had so much fun laughing and bonding. I would have to say one of the best morning I have had in a long time.

I have such a cool group of girls(and boy this was just a girl day). They all come from different homes and things that they do at school. One is a Varsity Cheerleader, two are band kids and one is a freshman volleyball star, but they all love each other and support each other. That is the one thing that I talk to my kids the most about, being there for each other. That Wed night youth group is more then just a hang out time. That we are family and we need to be family to each other and to others around us that is how we will show God and Gods love.

AFTER we were done eating I took the girls to school. For me I went home and went back to bed :) If you have never spent time with teens you should they are so awesome. I thank God everyday for my call into ministry.

Till Next Time.....

No comments: