Sunday, January 3, 2010

Monday Madness With Martha


In the light of Mondays when the weekend is over and everyone has to go back to work. I thought it would be great to donate the worst day of the week to my Favorite crafter Martha Stewart.

Now you see I have always loved Martha. Maybe not so much her show, but I love her ideas. So lets add her to my love list,(love list God, My Hubby, The Boys, My Family,My Youth Group, Glitter, Rhinestones and Martha). So with Martha being on the love list you can just imagine how happy I was, when I was at the Brandon library the other day and there it was the Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts. An A-to-Z guide with detailed instructions and endless inspiration.....

So of course I had to check it out when I got back to the house I had to show Tom what I had found (being a none lover of Martha, he was not has excited as I was..maybe that's why I like her so much more)so I sat down and read the book cover to cover, and that is when Monday Madness with Martha came into my head. So this weeks Monday Madness with Martha is all about the letter
and in the Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia Of Crafts A stands for Albums, Scrapbooks, and Memory Boxes....Now I don't know about you but I love making Albums and Scrapbooks. Martha gives us lots of great idea's to use when making Albums, Scrapbooks, and Memory Boxes.
Over the years I have been working on Albums for both of the boys. I want Aidan and Logan (even though I am there step mom) to have the memory's that their dad and I have had with them, and its also something to have when they bring the girlfriends over...One of my Favorite alums I ever made was Logan's ABC Book. Here are some pictures of it.

The way I made the outside of the book was with black paint and A-Z stamps. I dipped the stamps in the paint and them put A-Z all over the cover. Them I took a funny picture of Logan on the cover to make it fun for him.



Then as you can see I filled each page with a letter. I found things that Logan loved and put that in his book. Now that Logan is almost 7 he still loves to look at the book. Most of the time he likes to see how little he was and how different the people in the book looks now.

So if you have a little one this is a great & fun way to help teach your little one their ABC..Next Monday will be about the letter B I wander what Martha has in store for us them...

Till next time....



The Famous actor Alan Alda says this
Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work, risking, and by not quite knowing what you're doing. What you'll discover will be wonderful: yourself. --Alan Alda...I hope you will be able to do that today..

No comments: