Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Pound for Pound Challenge


One of my New Years Resolution this year was to loss weight or what I would like to call a life change. So knowing that when I'm all better I'm going to do my "life change" I wanted to find a way I can also help others that have a hard time with Weight loss like I do, Part of why i started a blog so if I find something that works for me I can pass it onto the blog world.

My Aunt Chris has a book about how food a addiction and this book is like doing AA for food. Well I know that I'm addicted to food and not just any food junk food. If it has the word chocolate in it I have to eat it.
I know that this new life change is going to be a hard one, and its going to be even harder with rehab of back surgery but I'm ready to have a body like Karate and I'm ready to be healthy. So now it is time to do the research of what I need to do to be a healthier fitter Erin. First I joined a gym can't go and use it but when i can Planet fitness here I come... If you are looking for a place to go work out this place is great...it was only $1.00 to Join and $20.00 month and I get a trainer, tanning and massage with it. I'm so ready to start working out.

One of the things that I love doing is giving back in some way, so to help stop hunger I signed up for the Pound for Pound Challenge.



The Pound for Pound Challenge is with the biggest loser. All you have to do is put in your birthday,zip, and how much you want to loss. They will give you a list of food banks in your area and you pick what one you want your food to go to...for every pound you lose 1 pound of food will be donated to the food bank you picked. Here is a video that tells you a little more about it


I feel so blessed to always have food to eat. When i was a kid I never went to bed hungry and there are so many kids out there that do. So with my life change not only am I helping myself but now I'm helping others.

If you would like to sign up for the pound to pound challenge go to http://www.pfpchallenge.com/Default.aspx
You can also join their Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/poundforpoundchallenge

I really hope that you will check this out. I think its a really great thing. I'm excited to have you come on this journey with me after I get the green light from the DR. to start working out....

Also just for a side note...I love Jillian Michaels and I would love for her to come and kick my butt

PS. Beyonce is doing something like this also here is her video talking about it...check it out


Till Next Time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"a body like Karate..." LOVE IT! haha Erin best of luck on your journey of health miss! I know you can do it, I remember you eating that dry crackers while sitting at starbucks and your little can o' tuna! There's so much more that you can have to eat and still lose weight. I'm glad to see that you are doing it the right way. KUDOS! Hmm I'm going to see how far PF is from me out here. I transferred my membership to Ryan when I moved and its literally the cheapest place that I've been to so far! Love you doll! :)