Thursday, December 30, 2010

Urban Decay

            

So the week before back Friday I started working at this great store called Ulta....

If you don't know what Ulta is 1. you need to find one by you and go and 2. we sell beauty....one of my favorite things.

One of the lines that we sell at Ulta is Urban Decay and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I don't think I will ever be able to use other eyeshadows again.

Here's a little about Urban Decay:  One day, long ago, Sandy Lerner (co founder of Cisco Systems) couldn't find the right shade of purple nail polish to satisfy her alternative make-up tastes. Her lamentations over the fact that there were 500 colors of pink polishes, but no greens or purples motivated her to create Urban Decay Cosmetics. A woman of action, Sandy teamed up with David Soward "the token suit" and Wende Zomnir "creative dynamo". They collectively unleashed her vision on the cosmetics world in January of 1996. The line of alternative colors, which began with 10 shades of lipstick and 12 shades of nail enamel, appeared in a memorable advertisement with the tagline, "Does Pink Make You Puke?"
Apparently, the company had its finger on the button of alternative culture. Under Zomnir's creative direction, the trend-setting cosmetics company became famous for color names like Roach, Smog, Rust, Oil Slick and Acid Rain - inspired by the beautiful hues of America's urban landscape. This fresh approach has redefined how both consumers and the cosmetics industry look at color.
The often imitated ten-year-old company - whose dramatic nail, lip and eye colors have been featured on runways, television, in movies and magazines - is also distinguished by its line-up of trend-setting products and concepts. Urban Decay brings cutting-edge innovation to more mainstream products like its beautiful Eye Shadow, Lip Gunk, Urban Camouflage Concealer and cruelty-free brushes.
Setting another trend in the cosmetics industry is Urban Decay's webstore, urbandecay.com, where, since July of 1998, shoppers have been able to purchase Urban Decay products and receive application tips online.
The success of Urban Decay has not gone unnoticed. In February, 2000, wild child Urban Decay was adopted by Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), the French luxury goods conglomerate. LVMH grew the company until December, 2002, when Urban Decay caught the attention of three business-minded brothers who bought the company on the advice of their teenage daughters. They've served as Urban Decay's father figures ever since.
Urban Decay is sold in luxury retailers around the world, bringing beauty with an edge to fashionable women (and men!) everywhere. (from urbandecay.com)

So I have only tried a few things, I have loved just about all of it...The only thing I did not like was the lipstick because it tasted so bad.....But because I love all of the eyeshadows that I have used I just had to tell you all about it....

Now one if the great things about my job is that they want me to try stuff.

So I got a sample eyeshadow...You know one that comes on the cardboard....

The colors they gave me where Midnight Cowboy rides again and flipside (both by urban decay)...... The colors are great here is what they look like on

                                

                                          
 Now let me tell you how I got this look

I took the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and put it all over my eyelid(even up to my brow) and in the corner. Then i took the flipside and put it on my crease and under my eye by my lower lashes. Then I took my 24/7 eye pencil by urban decay called electric and lined my whole eye...Then i took my 24/7 eye pencil called Zero and finished everything up



Now I know you are thinking wow that looks great...But this is the best part boys and girls...it is now 11:30 pm and i have had my makeup on for over 13 hours...That's right 13 hours and it looks like I just put it on....

Now I know you are thinking wow how in the world did you do that...You touched it up for the pitchers but I promise you there were no touch up....

 there are to things that happened to make my eyes look so good.

1. I Rock at doing makeup and 2. Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion

that little baby is better then chocolate on popcorn.....You put a little on before you put your eyeshadow on and it will not come off....It is amazing....You will need to use eye makeup remover to take your eyeshadow off when you use this...

I'm telling you if you use the eyeshadow primer your makeup will look fab all day long


Ok now to talk about the gift Santa(me) brought me this Christmas because I was so good....


The Urban Decay Naked Pallet.......

Let me show you in side...... :)



This is what Urban Decay had to say about the Naked pallet: THIS is how Urban Decay does neutral! Far from a group of boring beige shadows, this long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal, and feature FIVE NEW shades with names like Darkhorse, Virgin and Buck. We've also included a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.(from urbandecay.com)
Let me tell you TWELVE GORGEOUS NEUTRALS is right....I love my Naked Pallet....It also came with two 24/7 eye pencils zero and whiskey

They go on so smooth and they stay like no other that is why they are called 24/7. With they pallet you will also get a small bottle of the eyeshadow primer....All this for only $44.00 it is worth every dime....

I also love there lip gloss...Now I did not like the lipstick. it tasted so bad I had to take it right off. But the lip gloss is a different story. the lip gloss is called pocket rocket and with a 1/2 naked man on the lid how can you go wrong


I have two pocket rockets


Meet julio

meet doug

I love that the lip gloss guy on your tubs are the names of the gloss....It just makes it fun...

As you can see I'm so in love with Urban Decay I think it is bay far the best stuff out there....Whenever someone comes into my store I'm always selling them Urban Decay it is a really great product....

I really think they have a great product philosophy also here is what they have to say about their product philosophy: Being a great cosmetics company doesn't stop at having the right colors or the most creative packaging. To keep loyal Urban Decay customers coming back, each product must be of the highest quality, and worth every single penny. Hours of overtime are spent in the labs to make sure that the ingredients selected yield the most benefits for the dedicated fans of Urban Decay.
Lots of people love Urban Decay, but not everyone knows what makes the products so fabulous...sure, a little Eyeshadow goes a long way - and it never, ever creases - but most people are unaware that it's because they're jam-packed with pure pigment instead of binders, resulting in maximum color and ultimate texture. The Good Karma Cruelty-Free Brushes are SUPER soft, but who would know that the product development team searched high and low for the perfect synthetic fiber? As a result, our shadows apply effortlessly, and no little animals are hurt (We DON'T do animal testing. How could anyone?).
And for those customers especially concerned with our products' ingredients (sometimes they are vegan, some have sensitive skin, and some are just curious), we list each products' ingredients on our website, www.urbandecay.com. From tasty Lip Gunks to micro-milled Surreal Skin, from deluxe, creamy XXX Slick to the microsparkles in the Nail Enamel, our cosmetics are the best around. Urban Decay customers constantly grill us about the formulas on ALL our products, and we love to answer every question, because we know our makeup is amazing! (from urbandecay.com)


I'm telling you need to stop at your near Ulta or go to urbandecay.com and check some stuff out..You will not be sorry. I would also love to hear what you use from urban decay and why you love it....

Till Next Time....









No comments: